This learning guide is intended for security cooperation organization (SCO) personnel overseas who manage US Army Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases.
This learning guide was designed by the United States Army Security Assistance Command (USASAC) and is intended to augment DISCS instruction for SCOs on the FMS process.
It covers the following topics:
- Scope of Army Security Assistance Enterprise (ASAE)
- Mission, organization and function of USASAC and its key Army partners, to include DASA(DEC), Life Cycle Management Commands, SATFA, Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and others.
- Differences in mission between the country program manager (CPM) and the central case manager (CCM).
- The FMS process to include supporting documents for waivers, approvals and notifications.
- Importance of partnership between the SCO, CPM and CCM.
- Introduction of the Desk Side Reference (DSR) as a SCO resource.
This learning guide is for reference or professional development only. No certificate is awarded for completion.
This learning guide consists of 57 screens and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete.